The Lipolysis HIFU treatment is a non-surgical, non-invasive fat reduction and body tightening treatment that uses high-intensity focused ultrasound energy (HIFU) to permanently destroy fat cells in just one one-hour session. Unlike all previously known types of surgical and non surgical fat reduction procedures, the HIFU body lipolysis treatment is non-invasive and clients can typically resume normal activities immediately after the procedure without post treatment restrictions.
How it works?
HIFU Body Lipolysis achieves targeted reduction of fat volume by precisely focusing high intensity ultrasound energy to cause thermo-coagulation of fat tissue. At the skins surface, the intensity of the ultrasound energy is low energy so that non damage occurs to the epidermal layer (the surface of your skin). The focusing of the ultrasound energy at specific depths beneath the epidermis, combined with precise application techniques, results in fat tissue thermos-coagulation which leads to effective non-invasive body sculpting, fat loss and skin tightening in the treated area.
What are the results ?
In properly selected clients and with our exclusive treatment protocols, there are great results in at least 90% of the treatments undertaken providing the suitability and health status of the client. HIFU Body Lipolysis treatments help to get rid of targeted fat around your waistline (abdomen and love handles) without the need for surgery as well as thighs and upper arms providing there is enough fat in the area. The average waistline reduction after just a single one-hour treatment can be up an inch ( 1 inch or 2.5 cm), which could typically mean a dress or trouser size!. Results are usually seen in 8 to 12 weeks, which is the time needed for the body to naturally process the treated fat in the area. Aesthetic outcomes have been very good for clients that have maintained a healthy lifestyle after the procedure. The treatment does not produce the saggy skin that may result from surgical liposuction procedures as the treatment also promotes a skin tightening effect not just a fat loss procedure.
Who is a good candidate ?
Client selection is one of the most important things to consider, or clinical experience has been that HIFU body lipolysis works best for active, healthy individuals who have at least 1 inch plus or over 2.6 cm of fat to lose in their abdomen or flanks. Clients who are close to their ideal weight have the best results. HIFU body Lipolysis can be performed on all skin types similarly with face and chest treatment.
The Difference Between HIFU Fat Reduction and Weight Loss
This is important to note as it is a well-known misconception that weight loss and fat reduction are the same thing, in fact they are not and never will be. When we lose weight from an area our fat cells become smaller but the actual number of fat cells we have remain the same, just fat cells are reduced in size. When we gain weight these fat cells then become larger again, and so the sequence follows throughout our lifetime as we fluctuate, gain or lose weight.
What the HIFU Body Lipolysis procedure does is actually reduce and remove the number of fat cells in the treated area, therefore rather than shrinking them to appear smaller like with weight loss by actually removing these cells they can never get bigger and are permanently removed.
Unlike weight loss surgery or other non-surgical weight loss procedures the results with HIFU body Lipolysis treatments last because once the fat cells are eliminated they are gone for good. Even if you don’t weigh less you’ll be thinner and your clothes will not only fit and feel better but will look better.
When losing weight your fat cells only become smaller, they will never disappear, the number of cells is still the same. When you gain weight your fat cells become larger again. After the procedure the treated areas have fewer fat cells in permanently and unlike what happens with other procedures
there’s no change in fat cell distribution in untreated areas.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Under 18 years of age
- People who have a hernia of any kind, skin infections/conditions
- Recent surgery or scar tissue or wounds in the treatment areas.
- People with less than the minimum required amount of fat (2.6cm).
- Body Mass Index (BMI) above 30 (obese)
- Those with a coagulation disorder, blood clotting issues, using anticoagulants or platelet inhibitors.
- Active implants (e.g., pacemakers or defibrillators), or metallic implants in the treatment area or any implanted electrical device.
- Severe acne or cystic acne in the treatment area.
- Sensory loss or dysesthesia – impaired skin sensation.
Comparison of Cryo-Lipolysis to HIFI Body Lipolysis
Results are consistent and satisfying for both and the appropriate treatment will depend on the client in question, contraindications and size and shape requirements. For Cryo-lipolysis the ideal client will have fat that can be grabbed or a roll shall we say, so that it can be easily drawn into the fat freezing hand piece where the fat is taken down to minus temperatures for up to an hour per area. The fat layer generally is reduced by 20% or more with one treatment. With HIFU Body Lipolysis you need at least 2.6 cm of fat under the skin to be able to safety and effectively treat the area in question.
- One of the biggest advantages is that HIFU Body lipolysis also tightens the skin after treatment which Cryo-lipolysis does
- HIFU Body Lipolysis causes deeper fat destruction.
- HIFU Body Lipolysis allows custom contouring compared to Cryo-lipolysis Fat Freezing which has specific hand pieces to use depending on the size and fat thickness of the area to be treated.
- HIFU Body Lipolysis is a much quicker treatment, generally one treatment session compared to Cryo-lipolysis Fat Freezing which may require several sessions or areas to be treated which can take longer.
- The obvious difference between the two treatments is temperature, HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound) technology and therefore “heat” compared to “cold” when we talk about Fat Freezing.
- Both modalities have shown to be effective, however, it seems that there is much higher client satisfaction associated with HIFU Body Lipolysis
combined with the fact it is even newer and more advanced technology, with generally less downtime and quicker treatment time.
- HIFU Body Lipolysis allow us to have a more customised treatment experience depending on the individual and the areas which need to be addressed. Areas such as the thighs can also be treated much more easily and effectively with HIFU Body Lipolysis.