Plasma Lift Bournemouth
As we get older the dermal layer of our skin begins to get thinner, we produce less collagen which means we start to get wrinkles and sagging skin – unfortunately, this happens to us all! Plasma Lift Fibroblast is a new cosmetic procedure that can help combat these issues, it is an alternative option to other treatments, such as fillers or plastic surgery. It’s the only treatment that has a proven record of generating new skin – with lasting results. The Plasma Pen is an FDA and CE approved device which is used to perform fibroblast therapy, this technique ultimately helps to stimulate collagen production, tighten, regenerate, lift and resurface the skin and you can often see results from the very first treatment! A proven alternative to invasive surgical techniques, Plasma Lift offers a quick and easy extremely effective solution at little downtime. Plasma Lift works below the surface of the skin, to generate new collagen and elastin fibres, giving clinical improvements in skin tone, texture and laxity which are seen immediately and continue long term. It also removes skin tags!
What areas can we treat?
Fibroblasting produces excellent results to the face and neck regions.
Our fully certified and trained technician can use the Plasma Pen to treat many areas of your face, including:
· Upper (Eye lift) and lower eyelids (Eyebas)
· Forehead lines
· Accordion lines (lines that appear when you smile)
· Crows feet around the eyes
· Smile lines
· Smoker’s lines
· Acne scars
· Jawline tightening
· Marionette lines (folds that run vertically from the corners of your mouth down to the chin)
· Skin tag removal
How does it work?
The Plasma Pen changes electrical energy into gaseous diatomic molecular nitrogen and transmits energised gas to the skin’s surface. This causes a micro-trauma to occur to the skin’s epidermal layer whilst heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conduction.
Is Plasma Pen treatment painful?
This treatment is mild to moderately uncomfortable. Numbing cream can be used to reduce discomfort.
Plasma Pen VS Cosmetic Surgery:
What are contraindications?
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Current or history of skin camcer
- Any active infection
- Keloid scars
- Diabetes unless under control
- Recurrent Herpes Simplex
- Immunosuppresive diseases such as AIDS
- Healing disorders
- Sunburn/suntan (client should postpone treatment)
- Hyperpigmentation / Hypopigmentation
- The client must not display herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) It is recommended they consult with their medical Doctor and begin taking the prescription Valtrex 3 days prior to treatment and 4 days following treatment.
- Pacemaker or history of heart disease
- This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scales 1-3. Fibroblast Treatment is not advised for those with very dark skin. This is because there is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots) following treatment.
Before the treatment
During the treatment
After cleaning the face; the skin is applied with the numbing cream. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple dots of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some warm/ heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable but not painful. Treatment time usually takes between 15-45 minutes, depending on the size of the area treated.
Immediately after treatment the treated area may be slightly red and mildly swollen with tiny carbon crusts (spots). You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 6 weeks.
Following treatment you will be given written aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results.
After the treatment
Plasma Lift has been shown to be a safe treatment due to its non-invasive nature when done by a fully certified technician. Still the majority of clients are likely to experience some minor side effects in the 7-10 days following treatment.
There will be small carbon crusts (tiny dots) in the treated area that will last 7-10 days before naturally lifting, revealing new pink skin beneath. Swelling in the eye area is to be expected for a few days following an upper eyelid treatment. To avoid any more serious side effects such as hyperpigmentation, follow the aftercare recommendations given to you by your technician.